CloudMax is delivered as a virtual appliance. This means it:
- Comes pre-built, pre-configured and ready to run
- Can be distributed by email, installed by anyone, and running within 5 minutes
- Is simple and easy to maintain because patches to the OS are never needed
- Has a very small foot print because of JeOS (Just enough Operating System), a.k.a “Juice”
- Easily integrates into high availability and load balancing environments
As a virtual appliance, CloudMax can be implemented anywhere that best fits an enterprise’s current needs; on-site, at a proprietary data center or, through Connect’s cloud-hosting service. And, as an enterprise’s mobility architecture evolves the CloudMax appliance can be seamlessly moved between physical servers with minimum interruption to end users.
For a useful tutorial on the attributes of virtual appliances click here